Sunday, November 22, 2009

We Are the Waiting...

Song of the Day: Are We The Waiting -Green Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxQtafrR6Cw

I decided to make an impromptu entry just because I felt the need to get some crap out of my mind. And because I don't won't to right useless, cryptic poems for English so the teacher doesn't get worried and call guidance. Or make suggestive comments about me and mon compain again.

Shudder

Anyway, my friend had mentioned that she was tired of waiting. And it occurred to me that, hell, I'm tired of waiting. Waiting for dinner, waiting for sleep, waiting for happiness, for love, for life, for death. The first is the most important out of all of these, by the way. But why wait? Why keep complaining, waiting, wanting? I know what my friend is going through, and she can't exactly go buy what she's waiting for in a store, but instead of sitting here, wallowing in self-pity, try taking life by the reigns.

And maybe instead of waiting until ten thiry tonight for mon compain to text me, which is some odd way is always the highlight of my day, I'll text him at nine-thirty, so I don't end up falling asleep in History. Though it's so boring I could just close my eyes and drift away....NO. I shall stay awake tomorrow. I did write one poem for school though. It's oddly motivational for my taste, but maybe someone will stumble upon this and need it. Who knows.

So I’ll sit here and wait
Feel the time tick by
With an ever-present fear
In my mind
And maybe it’s too late
To fix the broken
But I’ll change the fate
And end these filthy crimes.

I’ll be the one to sew up your heart
With my precise needle
Of a well practiced art.
I’ll clean your tear stains up
With a string of sweet words
To soothe all these pains away.

Caught in the middle
Unable to break free.
I’ll comfort her a little
While he just wants a word from me
Diagnosed with a good case of drama
They fight like magnets of orientation the same
The cure’s laced with compromise
So, don’t place the blame

Together, let’s stand
Against every break, rip, and tear.
As I’ll give you my hand.
Don’t hide from the shame
We’ll rise up the best we can
As pieces of life’s game.

No comments:

Post a Comment