Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Concert Mistress Speaking!

Today we had our little PRMS winter orchestra concert. 'Twas quite enjoyable, and I must add, that it's really becoming a love of mine to perform. With the lights brightening and all attention focused for forty minutes, just on the music, it's something that I've come to find really fun. The music we play is often cliche and cheesy, we played a rendition of "The Locomotion," but if you can just set yourself in the right mindset, you can connect to the song. If there's no emotion, no connection, there's no music in my mind. I've played Old McDonald and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star countless times, and they can sound beautiful if you open your mind. The essence of many artistic works have been lost from narrowmindedness and pretentious mindsets.

If you open your mind, and peak your head out of your little bubble every once in while, you'll notice alot more, understand alot more, and grow to appreciate things that you normally would've scoffed at.

Lecture, lecture, lecture, blah, blah, blah...

School was like always. Nothing remarkable happened. We had the most annoying French substitute, and, really, what's the point of a foreign language substitute that can barely speak English properly? Maybe I shouldn't be the one to talk but...this woman was clueless. On the upside I was free to say all the dirty french words I know.

hehehehe

Anyway, the highlight of my day was a random woman coming over at the end of the concert and telling me that I had played flawlessly and that she had been watching. It means something special to me when people notice how I play (I sit first chair, so it's also kind of hard NOT to notic). So I thank you random woman for making my day.

Song of the Day: Sadly, the video isn't on YouTube yet. Watch on Paramore.net

Peace, Love, and rock n' roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment