Sunday, July 25, 2010

Spend Your Life Waiting on a Moment That Won't Come

Good summer days should linger, slow, like an Indian Summer, a rariety in Pittsburgh. It's been an unually snowwy and cold winter, and now an unusually hot summer. The heat just slows everyone down to a crawl, forcing people to acknowledge what they've been missing. Last night and the night before I cracked my window, and watched the storm fly by with my friend. Those moments should be endless, the magic of the night sky and silence and darkness at 3 AM eternal.

I'm grateful for every moment of sunshine and the mystery of night. I want to lock this summer away in my mind, the moments both good and bad, and revel in them forever. Maybe things are getting better, or just crazier. Either way, I'm enjoying myself wholeheartedly. Whether I'm making a total fool of myself with my friends, goofing off at the pool, or dancing and singing at the top of my lungs at shows I've begun to realize that these are the moments in movies, minus the great soundtrack and fancy lighting.



These are the moments we'll laugh about when were older. I only hope I have my friends by my side to laugh along.


So don't waste your life waiting for things to happen. Make it happen, make the change. The dreams that you have never die. You have to become content, realize you have enough and make due with what you have, or change it. Such naivite is often broken through adolescence, but even as adults people still lock themselves in cubicles and hope that someone finds their writing onling or Pete Wentz discovers their no-name band on Myspace. Either your the next Panic! at the Disco and go for it, or learn to love what you have. Go take off your shoes, dance in the rain, run through the darkness, let the blood pump freely through your veins, and wear your broken heart on your sleeve to show you've taken that chance to love and be loved. So much wordiness.

I'm full of crap and exhausted at the moment. Shout out to Ms. Feeler who needs to feel better. I think she was infected last night at the fail fireworks.

Song of the Day: Panic! at the Disco "That Green Gentleman" I do miss the Panic! boys as whole, but I've got high hopes for Bren and Spencer. Let's go new album <3

Peace, Love, and Rock n' Roll

2 comments:

  1. Must you sound so dramatic darling? Haha, guess who it isssss!!!!! Now you must know wifey ;) Love you, and remember, you're beautiful whether you have a man or not, besides, you have 2 wifeys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I speak what I feel my wife. Lol even that was dramatic. I can't help myself it sounds better.

    ReplyDelete